Site Menu

Recent Posts

« | Main | »

So You Want to be a Lowrider, eh?

By Kathryn Koch | September 26, 2009

September 22, 11:42 PM
by Sis. Kathryn Koch
Trucks are manufactured and built to drive, haul, tow and climb. They have specifications for the tires, brakes, shocks, struts (sounds like I know something about cars? lol) What I am trying to say is that cars are built so they will perform. When we tamper with that, it may look good but it will not be able to do what it was meant to do.

Jedediah saw a beautiful low-rider on his way to church. He described the paint job and the angle at which the body was set. The bumper almost kissing the asphalt. The dude with an attitude. Gotta have that! He began to think of the diminished value of the truck. Oh, it might hold value to the owner or others who cherish that kind of ride but for the ones who created the truck, it was ruined. It could no longer go off-road or into sand dunes. It would not be able to haul loads or move furniture. It would have a hard enough time going over speed bumps or up curbs. It was only for show. It really couldn’t be used as a truck anymore. Too bad.

God creates us with specific designs and abilities. All too often, we take our vessels and pollute them, change them, cheapen them, altar them, abuse them all for our glory but not God’s glory.

The Lord speaks of vessels unto honor and some to dishonor. If we follow God’s design and allow Him to change us, we can become a vessel unto honor. We will be ready when Jesus looks for a vessel to use. He will see us waiting on His will.

I think I would rather be an old truck that has been able to climb the mountains of life and stand the heat of the valley of trials. One that has been maintained on the Word of the Lord and the oil of the Holy Ghost has been changed every 3000 miles. The tires of my life have worn well with living the life of a Christian. The interior smells of the joy and praise found on the lips of the driver.

That is the kind of vessel I want to be!

Topics: All Posts | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “So You Want to be a Lowrider, eh?”

1. BigVic Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 4:01 pm

what is wrong with lowriding? i dont see anything wrong with it just because i own a few does not mean that i am not saved sanctified & filled with the holy ghost…there are a few christian lowrider ministries that are out there spreading the gospel

2. James Rios Says:
    February 12th, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Thank u for this word Sis K! is it ok if I share it with my youth?

3. Darin the Worship Leader Trainer Says:
    April 14th, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I just randomly found your blog and enjoyed this little piece. You make some very good points. I teach on worship leading around the world, and in addition to the many aspects of worship leading I also teach folks that they need to be humble servants, staying the course. I na ministry where pride can run rampant, this is an excellent message.

4. sis koch Says:
    June 20th, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Thank you for your comments. You know that there is nothing new under the sun but sometimes someone can say it in just a different way that will enable others to see the light a little clearer. God Bless Your Endeavors for the King!

5. admin Says:
    June 20th, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Of course Bro. James… Miss you Bro!

6. admin Says:
    June 20th, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Actually BigVic, I sent you an email with my response. My story was a allegory. I use pictures to tell a story or make a point and I thought the radical way some will change a car related to our own personal lives. I think low rider cars are cool and especially when you see them go up in the air. We try to change ourselves in so many ways when in fact, God did not make a mistake when he created you and me. I hope you can see my point and keep spreading the Gospel! Acts 2:38!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.